Mr. Parvez Ahmed Seehar (Secretary)
Mr. Parvez Ahmed Seehar is Secretary to Government of Sindh in Department of Culture, Tourism & Antiquities. Previously he remained as Special Secretary Education Department. Chief Programme Manager in Sindh education reforms and other positions for ten years besides DCO in one District
His unique Expertise, Skills, Abilities and Contribution includes: Strategic planning; Policy making, review and implementation; Donor coordination and negotiation of government’s interests and agenda; Supervision of educational reforms (donor-funded projects included); Ensuring coordination and collaboration within and across public institutions; Resource allocation; Staff development; and Institutional capacity building. as under:
- Education Sector Planning (2013 – 2017)
- Teacher Education Policy & Strategy Development (2018)
- Establishment of Sindh Teacher Education Development Authority (STEDA)
- Leading the Reform Support Unit
- Planning and conduct of the first Meeting of Sindh Education Development Partners’ Coordination (SEDPC) Forum
- Supervision of Diagnostic Testing (of Language, Mathematics and Social Studies) and Standard Achievement Testing (SAT) of students
- Supervision of piloting and roll out of new teacher education programmes
- Supervision of School Consolidation & Rehabilitation initiatives
- Looked after the first ‘merit-based’ recruitment of teachers in Sindh through Third Party
- Supervision of Donor-funded Projects and initiatives; e.g. ‘Districts That Work (USAID); ‘Missing facilities to schools’, School Management Committees, Girls Stipend Programme, Girls Education Project.
In addition to being a practitioner, he also has an academic and scholarly interest in his area of work: he is pursuing his PhD in public sector management in Pakistan. He brings in rich comparative perspectives due to his professional visits to USA, UK, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, Dubai, Philippines, etc. Moreover, he has also been invited for talks on many seminars, policy dialogues and panel discussions as a key panelist, speaker, or discuss Skills & Expertise.