Tomb Of Mir Rajo, Village Chitori, Tharparkar

Mir Rajo was son of Mir Allah Yar Khan Talpur. His tomb built on a stone plinth, is situated at the south west end of royal graveyard. Its outer plinth is 31 feet square; the second terrace above that is 24 feet square; and the body of tomb chamber is 17 feet square. The edifice is constructed of yellow sand stone with chiroli lime mortar. The stone carving and details of designs are on the patterns of Makli Hill monuments but the execution of work is some what inferior.
The dome has fallen, and the plinths are in poor state of preservation. The tomb chamber contains two sarcophagi of yellow stone, built on a raises platform. At the head of western grave, highup in the northern wall, there is a broken stone slab containing a Persian inscription. It records the name of the principal occupant, Mir Rajo son of Mir Allah Yar Khan Talpur, and the Hijra year 1209 (1794 A.D) when he died.

Additional Info

  • District: Hyderabad
  • Visit hours: Summer: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Winter: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Top
We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…