Area : 0.25 Acres
Situated close to the Tomb of Mirza Tugral Baig at Makli Thatta the Baradari is a domed pavilion, which is supported upon twelve pillars. The Baradari is stated to be built in 1688 A.D the year in which Tugral Baig died. It is built upon raised platform. The corners of the square have been cut to form an octagon.
The pillars which support the dome of the Baradari are richly covered with surface tracery. The capitals bear the Honey Combed decorative motifs, similar as notices at the tomb of Isa Khan Tarkhan the younger.
Area : 0.026 Acres
This is a typical brich tomb enclosure of the period, which translates into brick what was already being practised in stone. The only thing common between the two is the stone grave cenotaph designs as seen in the Tarkhan stone graves. The present enclosure stands in between the tomb pavilion of Tughril Beg and the tomb of Isa Khan II. It is standing on a raised plinth faced with stones. The enclosure is entered through a high arched entrance from the east, contained within a glazed rectangular frame, much of which is now gone. Two false entrances are on the north and south while the corners have semi-octagonal alcove on the inner side. The exterior of the enclosure also shows the arched panels or windows, above which runs the horizontal line at the cornice level. On either side of the frame, there is a wing at a lower level, each showing two framed arched panels, one on the top of the other. Further in between this central projection and semi-octagonal corner alcove, two arched niches within frames complete the whole length of the wall. Originally the entire eastern façade of the frame was decorated with blue glazed tiles along the rectangular border and at the spandrels. Above the central high arch ether is a rectangular panel showing a series of four-armed cross motif within squares. This high arched entrance leads into a lower arched opening that actually led into the main prayer chamber consisting of domed hall. The space between the two arched entrances on the right and the left and also the outer lining of the inner arch were originally decorated within glazed tiles. The prayer chamber is rectangular in plan actually the hall is extended to north and south. The mehrab is semi-octagonal, the face being relieved with arched panels, lined with blue tiles. Above these arches there is a zigzag brick pattern, the joints of which being filled with light blue glaze. At the corners there are tall squinches and then a little series of interlaced arches, above which rises the semi-dome, the underside of which is decorated with light blue glazed zigzag pattern.
Area : 28 Acres
Three miles south of village Bandhi near the Amerji canal lies a mould known as Bhiro Bham. It covers a total area of about 40 acers and is divided into tow parts, the main lying on north. The main mound covering an area of about 25 acres with its long exist lying north south is about 10 to 15 feet high from the surrounding fields. Its entire surface is covered with broken pieces of pottery and vrick bats. At certain places masonary work is also visited. The baked bricks used for the purpose measure 12”X9.5”X2”. the mound has clear indication of fortifications; infect apportion of it in south -west corner has already been exposed by peasants who used the earth covering the wall as indigenous fertilizer for fields.
In the huge quantity of potsherds scattered all over the mound though the plain type dominates yet the painted pieces are not un-common by any means. The late type has a close resemblance with painted pottery from Banbhore motif-s have been painted in black and are in some cases supplemented with red. In one example half eye motif is easily discernible. A sherd despises hand painted black on a buff slip and convent _____ hand pattern, while another is painted with alternate hatched Lozenges. Unpainted type is represented by an outward projecting grooved rim, a notched rim, and ribbed rim. Stamped and grey potsherds have also been found.
Much corroded copper coins similar in shape to those from Banbhore are found in abundance. Discovery of shell bangles, terracotta animals, stone beads, and glazed pottery has also been reported. Locally the mound is associated with Dilu Rai and a Budhist Stupa known as Thul Mir Rukan exists about 15 miles south of the mound but no conclusive evidence for dating or identifying it is available.
Area : 5368 Sq. ft.
Kirarki Mosque is situated on the North Western out skirts of Nasarpur town in Mohallah Misri Shah. It is a living mosque and is looked after the local people. Built with 8’’x8’’;1.5’’ size bricks, it is rectangular in plain and as usual has an open courtyard in front. The actual covered potion of the mosque is 39 feet long and 19 feet wide.
Of the three domes only the octagonal drums are left now which are decorated at places with locally made Kashi tiles. The drums are supported on four corner squinches which are finished with Ghalib Kari work.
The interior of the mosque consist of three large arched panels of mehrab shape, the central one being the largest. The main mehrab has a small opening in the centre. Perhaps there was an inscribed tablet on the central arch as is indicated by the sunken panel over there, which at present is painted dark chocolate.
The courtyard is a bit lower than the prayer chamber. The main entrance of the mosque is towards north and a smaller one toward the south. The entire courtyard as well as prayer chamber is paved with brick tiles which appear to be of later period. The original flooring however, is supposed to be of Kashi tile work as in other mosques at Nasarpur.
Nothing definite could be known about the period of this mosque. According to the local belief however it was constructed during the Kalhora period (17th, 18th century A.D).
Area: 4715 Sq. ft.
This mosque is located in the North western part of the town. Originally built with country bricks it has been repaired in modern times at certain places. Presently it is in a very dilapidated condition and has no roof over it.
The prayer chamber of the mosque measures 50 feet by 13.5 feet. A verandha is attached to it in its front, which is 8.5 feet wide but its front wall has collapsed and only a portion of it exists on southern and northern ends.
The mosque is built on a raised platform. The rectangular prayer chamber of the mosque has the usual arrangement of panels in the western wall. There is evidence of lime chiroli plaster on the wall which has disappeared with the ravages of time.
The mosque is believed to have been constructed by Amir Nasar and is named after him. It is therefore the earliest of the three ancient mosque at nasarpur.
Area: 2204 Sq ft.
This is small mosque situated on the northern out strike of the Nasarpur town. The structure is simple in plan and measuring 24’x22’ in the covered portion and 43’x22’ in the courtyard. It is constructed with the country brick tiles of 8’’x8’’x1.5 laid in mud mortar.
The entrance to the mosque is from east as usual. Its enclosure wall appears to have been repaired recently with sun dried bricks.
The exterior façade consist of three large arches which have small arched entrances. On sides of these arched entrances are square panels and niches.
One the interior, the western wall has a small central mehrab with decorative kasha tiles on sides. On wither side of the mehrab are three arches panels.
The noteworthy feature of the mosque is its Kashi tile flooring of yellow¸ green, turquoise blue and brown colours. A major portion of the floor, however appears to have been renovated in late period as the pattern is broken at places and tiles laid at random.
Roof of the mosque is of modern Sindhi style with wooden battons, mud bhusa etc. there is no indication of any domes existing over it.
Mai Khairi, after whom the mosque has been named was the mother of Mir Fateh Ali khan of the Talpur dynasty. The mosque may therefore be assigned to the Talpur period.
Area : 8.9 Acres
The only remains which now exist of this old city also mentioned as Lahori Bandar and which was finally destroyed by Mohsin Khan Pathan towards the end of 18th Century A.D are a few shattered structures, potsherds and brick-bats are also lying scattered on the site.
Area 6.0.36 Acres
The mound Thull is situated 15 miles east of Shahdadpur Railway Station and about 50 miles north east of Hyderabad on the main Shahdadpur Sanghar Road. The site is toward south about 05 miles inside along the water channel. The mound is covered with heaps of brick bats and potsherds. The surface potsherds include both glazed and unglazed type. Sherds painted in ochre red on yellow slip represent the type commonly found from the upper layers of Banbhore.
Area 6.35 Acres
The tombs Of Talpur Mirs have been built since the British conquest. From an architectural point of view they are conspicuously inferior to those of Kalhoras. For some time these tombs were maintained by their families.
The oldest of them is that attributed to Mir Karam Ali, one of the original "char yar" and said to have been built about 1812. Mir Karam Ali died in customary for a man to build his own tomb. Another commemorates, whether or not it entombs, Murad Ali, another of the four friends, his sons Nur Muhammad and Nasir Khan and his grandson Shahdad Khan. The last two were concerned in Miani and were prisoners at the date assigned for the building of this tomb, 1847 A.D. but it may have been erected over the grave of Murad Ali by the female members of the family who did not go into exile.
Area: 5.65 acres
Thul Mir Rukan is located about 22 kilo meters to the south west of Bndhi Railway Station, about 13 K.M. south east of Daulatpur in District Nawabshah. Early history of the Thul is shrouded in obscurity with a little legend connected with it. It is said that a king who has no son wanted to preserve his name for endless time was advised by his council of Ministers to erect this tower.
It is a solid cylindrical structure, tapering at the top, constructed with a brick casing about 60 feet in height stands over a square base about 66 feet in each side.
The site is located at the southern part of Naing Village, at the foothills of the Bhit Rang, and on the left (western) bank of the Naing Nai.
The site is much eroded and its dimensions were difficult to ascertain.
The site of Lakhshmirji Mari at Naing has a two part layout: a conically-shaped hill and a lower town. The conically-shaped hill is approximately thirty meters in height with a forty degree slope of its sides. On the slopes on the hill are the remains of terraced walls which perhaps were fortifications. It is evident that the conically-shaped hill rests on a natural rock outcrop, but that its form had been shaped by the addition of earth. Below the hill, or buthi, are numerous remains of stone foundation wall, indicating rooms and houses.
It is an extensive graveyard dating back to the first half of the 19th Century A.B. This Graveyard is divided into two portions with a number of graves, small tombs and a mosque.
These two grave-yards of Talpur Mir’s which are known as Qubba Mir’s Shahdad have 8 stone pavilion tombs, 3 brick mosques two mausoleums with curvilinear type of roofs and several carved stone graves with inscriptions. Most of these tombs date back to 1st half of 19th century, but the following two tombs belong to 17th and 18th centuries respectively:-
- Mian Nasir Muhammad Mir Fatah Ali
Bin Hutak A.H.1105 (1693 A.D.)
- Mian Nasir Muhammad Mir Shahdad
Bin Hutak Talpur Qaum Biluch A.H.1147 (1734 A.D.)
Some of these tombs are the best specimens of delicate and refined carved work on stone especially that of Mian Nasir Mhuammad mentioned above.
In one of the mosques there are paintings in color of holy places of the Muslims. They are at the inner surface on the wall to west.
Area: 0.05 Acre
The Stupa locally known as "Sudheran jo Thulh" (Sindhi: سڌيرڻ جو ٺلھ) lies between Khatter and Tando Muhammad Khan Railway Stations on Kotri Badin Branch line and is about 5 miles from Tando Muhammad Khan. It is near the Railway line is visible from it. The site of the Stupa lies on the eastern outskirts of a big city remains which are all strewn with brick bats and immense quantity of potsherds.