Amar Fayaz Buriro (Consultant)
Amar Fayaz Buriro is a Language Engineer, Linguist & Consultant in Department of Culture, Tourism & Antiquities, Government of Sindh. Previously he has worked as IT Specialist in Sindhi Language Authority where he looked after the Sindhi Computing and development of Sindhi Codex for advance computing in language engineering, this will preserve our historical languages in advanced systems.
Beside this Amar is local-guide of Google Inc. for Sindh Cultural heritage and tourism promotion in geo-tagging, making 360 Virtual Reality Tours and dissemination of information focused on cultural sites.
Earlier he was Head of Department Information Technology in Newports Institute of Communication & Economics a corporate university of Karachi, IT Consultant in Geo TV network and CEO/Owner of eSpread Multiplication, a firm providing web development services using latest cutting edge web related technology and tools. He has endeavored to bring this latest technology to the service of major Pakistani languages such as Urdu & Sindhi. He realized that these languages of our country faced formidable challenges due to non-compatibility with browsers designed especially for the handheld devices such as tablets and cellphones. One of the major issues so far as Urdu was concerned was the use of the traditionally preferred Nastaleeq style on the web. Finally, he was able to create the first Web based Nastaleeq font “Amar Nastaleeq”, which is a lightweight font that allows robust and reliable conversion to various embeddable formats for use across major OS’s, browsers and devices. Meanwhile, he also worked at localizing the world’s leading CMS Joomla for Urdu and Sindhi. Today he is webmaster of more than 85 multilingual websites which use advanced PHP programming. He also found that majority of the programmers and web developers in our country use nulled versions, cracked software and pirated scripts. This unfortunately is the major cause why most of the websites get hacked and the database management has security issues. Deviating from this practice, he chose to use neat and clean programming and licensed scripts.
Prior to setting up eSpread, he was associated with National Rural Support Program (NRSP) first as District Manager and later as Project Manager in Education Project assigned by Union Council Based Poverty Reduction Program. The project is considered to be one of the most acclaimed and widely mobilizing model of UCBPRP initiatives of community based girls’ literacy and volunteers’ engagement for the furtherance of female education.
He is compiler of Pakistan’s biggest English to English to Sindhi Dictionary at the time in 1997, which has introduced him as a language expert. His literary work on cultural, social and philosophical is recognized even from BBC Urdu, where he had written more than 150 blogs and articles on socio-political issues. He is liberal and always trying to spreading peace, love and harmony within the all races and nations on this planet.
Being a creative idealist and ideologist, he has always welcomed challenges, built up his reputation as trouble shooter and aimed for excellence.
By: Abdul Majid Bhurgri
Recognition & Awards:
Latif Award 2017
SGA Gold Medal 2017
Google’s Master Trailblazer
Google’s Master Fact Finder
Google’s Master Photographer
Google’s Master Reviewer
Google’s Street View Professional
- EDUCATION Masters in Sociology
Shah Abdul Lateef University, Khairpur Mir’s, Sindh, Pakistan
Diploma of Associate Engineer Mechanical Technology
Govt. College of Technology, Khairpur Mir’s, Sindh, Pakistan
- EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
More than 25 years of experience relating to administration, management, documentation, communication, publications and marketing. This included 5 years of Advanced Automata Programming (Web Development & e-Marketing) experience.
III. POSITIONS HELD
EMPLOYER Sindhi Language Authority
POSITION Information Technology Specialist
DURATION December 2014-to date
- Developed first Sindhi Optical Character Recognizer (OCR).
- Developed 12 Android based Apps of English & Sindhi languages along with localization.
- Developed and guided South Asian’s largest dictionary online.
- Developed Sindh’s first Cloud based hosting of SLA.
- Developed virtual library, kids portal and many more apps and portals for sindhi language
- Developed Online Auto Parsing System of Sindhi Language.
POSITION Head of Department (IT)
DURATION July 2012-to December 2014
- First time in Pakistan AJAX programming added in higher education commission.
- Course of IT in HEC is reviewed and added three topics.
EMPLOYER eSpread Multiplication
DURATION August 2008-to 2013
- Embedded 5 Urdu & 8 Sindhi Fonts on www browsers
- Built and launched first Urdu “Amar Nastaleeq” web based font
- Translated complete Joomla backend management in Sindhi
- Launched 1st Responsive website in Sindhi Language with 100% Ajax technology.
- Programmed first Tri-lingual website in ANSI & UTF-8 parallel
- Built more than 25 database driven websites in English, Urdu & Sindhi languages.
- Brought Sindhi Language to modern Touch Browsers for the first time in worldwide web.
- Handled huge database sites relating to finance, business and news
- Worked on Elance® and got 5.0 rating, i.e. 100%, for quality of his work
- Made an online donation site along with donors area and email
notifications to both receiver and sender
- Advance ACL management for administrators, editors and publishers
- Complete management of site along with server, database and security
EMPLOYER National Rural Support Program (NRSP)
POSITION Project Manager (Education)
DURATION June 2005-to June 2008
CONTRIBUTION Data management of target project schools
Documentation of project workshops, seminars and conferences
Documentation of project quarterly reports
Liaison and coordination with stakeholders
REASON FOR LEAVING Completion of contract
EMPLOYER Pakistan Railways
POSITION Associate Engineer (G2) (Computerized Track Maintenance)
DURATION Aug - 1990 to March - 2003
- Surveyed & maintained Mechanized Railway Track QTA-Chaman line
- Managed & organized more than 1600 employees.
REASON FOR LEAVING Working environment congenial to his temperament and principles
IV: EXTRA ACCOMPLISHMENTS & Skills:
- Compiled Pakistan’s No.1 English to English to Sindhi Dictionary in 1998 published by Oriental Book Society Lahore.
- Written some short stories and poetry and was awarded the best Short Story Writer of the 1999 by Sindhi Adabi Sangat.
- Blogging and article writing on socio-political affairs published in Aalmi Akhbar, Sindh Affairs, Indus Asia Online Canada etc
- Good debater and having analytical approach regarding case studies, situation analysis, research work and project management.
- INSPIRATION Mr. Abdul Majid Bhurgri (Founder MB Sindhi Computing)
Seattle Washington, USA