HISTORICAL BACK GROUND OF THE PROPERTY
QadirBakhsh-jo-Qubo is situated some sixteen miles south of Rohri in Deh AkbarpurJagir. It covers an area of thirty-five acres and contains many ancient graves. The principal grave belongs to His Highness Mir Suhrab Khan of the KhairpurMirs. He died on 27 Rajab AH 1280 (AD 1863) at the age of ninety. Next to it lays the grave of His Highness Mir Rustam Khan of the KhairpurMirs. He died in AH 1297 (AD 1870) in Poona (Pone) and his body was brought here for burial. Nearby are the graves of Wu Dost Muhammad, the second son of Mir Khan Muhammad Talpur( d. AH 1262 [ AD 1846 1), and of the mother of Mir Ahmed Ali Khan Talpur. To the east of the graveyard is a mosque constructed by the Talpurs. There is another mosque some two hundred feet away, constructed by the British government. Attached to this mosque is the government musafir khana, (traveller lodge).
The tomb of Fakir Qadir Bakhsh, after whom this site is named, lies to the west of the village of the same name. Inside the tomb there are two graves, one obviously being that of Fakir QadirBakhsh, of whom little is known, but nothing is known about the other; it is presumed to be that of a disciple, the Fakir never having married. The tomb of Gob Shahani, the commander in chief of the army of Mir Suhrab Khan, is also situated here, as well as a number of other graves of the Shahanis. Golo Shahani died in battle at Shikarpur in AH 1249 (AD 1833). On the eastern side of the tomb of Fakir Qadir is the tomb of Syed Saleh Shah, of whom nothing is known, and to the west of it, a mosque which is said to have been constructed by Fakir Qadir Bakhsh himself. The village has a S of approximately 500 individuals, who live in fifty houses.